1) What author do you own the most books by?
2) What book do you own the most copies of?
Jane Eyre and Anne of Green Gables. I have two of each title because mum got me the children’s version and the unabridged ones as well. Guess I’m not to be called a serious book collector yet. =P
3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
Prepositions? What’s that? It sounds like a familiar yet distant word to me.
4) What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
For a moment, I thought him/her to be Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series but on second thought, I’d say Landon Carter from A Walk to Remember.
4a) What fictional character would you most like to be?
4b) What fictional character do you think most resembles you?
5) What book have you read the most times in your life?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
6) What was your favourite book when you were ten years old?
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
7) What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
This question is really hard to answer because I haven’t read much at all the past year!
8 ) What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Jodi Piccoult’s Change of Heart. Absolutely brilliant!
9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
An abridged version of Don Quixote. We all need a laugh.
10) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for literature?
Mmm..probably Kiran Desai or Yann Martel. I’m not sure.
11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Cecilia Ahern’s If You Could See Me Now.
12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
Cecilia Ahern’s Thanks For The Memories.
13) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
I dreamt I met Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley at a very old and grand looking staircase, probably at Hogwarts.
14) What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult?
The Time Traveller’s Wife. Reading it was a torture but I must give credit to the amazing emotion of love I got out of the story, and its phenomenal ending.
15) What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
Love by Toni Morisson. I would like to understand this work of hers someday.
16) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen?
I’ve never seen any.
17) Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
18) Roth or Updike?
Sad to say, I know neither of them.
19) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
20) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
Shakespeare. To me, he’s more readable than Chaucer. Not sure about Milton though.
21) Austen or Eliot?
22) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
I’ve not read Les Miserables.
23) What is your favorite novel?
To Kill a Mockingbird.
The Importance of Being Earnest.
I’m not a poem person but I do love Rudyard Kipling’s ‘If’.
27) Short story?
The Canterville Ghost!!!
28) Work of non-fiction?
The Purpose Driven Life.
29) Who is your favorite writer?
30) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
31) What is your desert island book?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
32) And … what are you reading right now?
Matlab Assignment sheet.