Wednesday, November 4, 2009

On Mind Control and Pushing Yourself

Last night, kor kor and I both joined an organisation induction for students who are interested in working or volunteering abroad. The whole session was for 2 hours and it didn't exactly turn out as I thought it would. Firstly, very little was spoken on the subject of work placements abroad. Secondly, it was unexpectedly fun! I had an earlier presumption that it would be a scary session as there was a group assessment at the end of the induction but in the end, I thouroughly enjoyed myself. A very amazing speaker from India was present as a representative alumni of the organization and he managed to inspire in me a feeling I only feel at church or leadership camps. He was a very talented speaker and one thing that stuck to me was a slideshow presentation he showed us of quotes from famous people. I quote the one by Eleanor Roosevelt which appealed the most to me, because I find my weakness exemplified so perfectly by it : "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent". Plus, I found it so relevant to one of my previous posts 'Conquest of the Mind'. There was another quote last night which I would like to share because it was so very consistent with the context of the entire matter, "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character". Perhaps God is trying to send me a sign with these randomly spot on quotes? Perhaps He's trying to tell me that I ought to be happy all the time, as long as I choose it and surrender to Him.

This morning, I woke up with a partially stiff body, throbbing head and shivers. I debated with myself whether to go for my lecture or not and finally I did. It was indeed a conquest of mind! I am perhaps on the verge of a fever but I spent quite a long time at the university library today stocking up on distillation notes to write my report. I am surprised that I'm quite productive today, because at least, some research is done. =) The awful throbbing in my head has stopped and I'm thinking of going back home now although I still have not recorded the uncertainties in the apparatus I used for my experiment. That can wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day, full of hope, full of lessons to be learnt =) Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment