Monday, May 21, 2012

My Strange Bits


Every time someone asks me to share something interesting about myself, I find myself at a loss for words. Since I am not a very spontaneous person, I want to prepare myself with a list of my own quirkiness, in case someone would like to know in the future. Recently, I realised quite a few weird things about myself:

1. I study better in the dark, under dim light. In fact, it is not just a matter of how conducive it is for me, I actually find myself really liking studying with minimal exposure to light. I prefer orange light too. 
2. I must have a stack of scrap paper with me when I'm revising. I've loved scrap paper ever since I was a little girl. Also, paper products make me happy. You name it, diaries, empty notebooks, stick-ons. However, if they are too cute, I usually just keep or hoard them until the pages turn yellow. How queer of me. 
3. I like my tea without any sugar or milk, just pure tea. In my books, tea is better than coffee. 
4. Although it is recommended that we drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, I usually drink much less than that. Sometimes, I even forget to drink water. Whenever I travel, I refrain from drinking water for fear of being without toilets. 
5. I've never done anything permanently unnatural to my hair. The closest I've come to it is by making temporary curls in my hair using an electric hair curler. 
6. My hands are always extremely dry, except when I am in a tropical country.
7. On the outset, I might seem like a friendly person, but I always thought of myself as a shy person who would rather spend as much of her time just being by herself. 
8. I can eat the same dish for a prolonged duration without getting bored.
9. Pictures of food, in all their bright colours are enough to make me happy and cheerful. Yes, it's that easy. 
10. One of my shoulders is slightly higher than the other. 
11. People don't usually comment that I look like either my mum or dad. But everyone says my sister and I look alike. Some people say my sister looks like my dad. I find this very strange. 
12. Once, in a Chemistry class in high school, my teacher told me that at her age, she dislikes sweets. I was utterly amazed and told her that there is no way one can stop liking sweets. However, I think I've made the transition from sweeties to savories sometime during my university life. I still love desserts but I crave more savory food these days. 
13. I love sandwiches. Egg mayo, smoked salmon and cheese, tuna mayo, chicken and bacon, ham and cheese are just a few of my favourites. The whole sandwich assembly with different colours are just so enticing to me. 
14. I tend to squat on my chair sometimes, during long and dreary periods of revision. 
15. I like wearing high heels, but am not a fan of walking for too long in them. 
16. I used to hate dresses and was just so delightful the first time I was allowed to wear jeans. I still like jeans a lot, they are a staple to me, but I've just found a new love affair with dresses. 
17. For some odd reason, I like the colour brown when it comes to clothing and bags. Everything brown looks very appealing to me and I just feel like a princess being wrapped in a brown brown brown dress or top. Maybe I should revert to gunny sacks.


I'll probably add to this list once I discover even weirder things about myself. This is fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment