Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Joys of Easter 2011

I am really pleased with my little achievements this Easter. I abstained from meat for 51 days and avoided from purchasing chocolates for myself the entire period! It seems a bit strange now that I can enjoy meat again but it definitely is enjoyable. I'm allowing myself to drool at pictures of meat dishes once more :)

Today, our priest mentioned about some young Catholics making testimonials about God's risen presence in their lives. I reflected on this and realized that I felt it after confession. God has forgiven my sins! No matter how huge, or how shameful, He has forgiven them all. Such is the joy of Easter, the realization of how Jesus died in order for our sins to be forgiven. Whenever I feel sad for my sins of the past, I have to remind myself that the only person left who has not forgiven me is myself. That is something I have to overcome.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and for loving each and every one of us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment