Monday, February 15, 2010

A Visit from Henry

Henry came to visit today! It was fun =) Hx and I made some sweet potato cookies for him. They tasted quite nice although there was this peculiar 'breadish' sort of feel to them.

Henry told us about Craydon park, which looks good in the snow. He lives somewhere near Wandsworth, which is near to Wimbledon. We found out that tickets to watch the show are priced around GBP25! That is kind of shocking because I think they should be more expensive. Apparently, when you drive a car in London before 6pm, there will be congestion charges at a ridiculously crazy price of GBP28! I was so shocked to find out. However, if you get some other deal like a monthly pass for example, life would be much easier and driving a better experience. =S I didn't know all these things.. I am pretty ashamed of myself, living in London for almost 2 years now and not being aware of these things.

Henry went to watch Iron Man last weekend. It was absolutely funny when I teased him saying that he must have selected that movie, instead of letting Georgia, his daughter do so =P I hope to meet Georgia one day. Up to now, I know she's 13 years old, loves to sing, is a naughty little procrastinator, and is an absolute darling! I know Henry loves her a lot! =)

I was thrilled to find out more about Henry's country of origin, Jamaica. Apparently, English is their first language, although Spanish is taught in schools as well. It's quite interesting to know that.

Henry and Georgia goes swimming sometimes in the weekend, which when mentioned, got me to admit that I can't swim nor float myself!! I told him I would like to go to the Red Sea and just lie down on the waters and he told me he's been to Israel before! On a pilgrimage to the Holy Land! I wish I could bring mommy there next time. He said the food is amazing, the weather super hot, and the sights splendid!!!! I didn't know Israel could be a good place to visit. =D One less thing now of me not knowing. Hehe..

Today was a good day XD

No comments:

Post a Comment