Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lust Mistaken for Love?

Recently, I had a very disturbing conversation with a close friend. She told me a story of how one of her friends got into a relationship involving a lot of sex outside marriage. I was shocked to see how many of my course mates at univ partake in these acts as well. It happens all around until people tell me it's 'normal'.

It is one thing when both a guy and girl agree to do it, and even take pleasure in it. I accept this now. I always thought a girl would be unwilling to give herself up but right now, at this instance I realize how many girls do not respect their own bodies.

However, there are cases when a girl feels forced/compelled to engage in such impure activities. Perhaps she is in a relationship with a very insecure control freak who imposes himself on her, and no matter how badly she feels, she has to give in. A girl might also feel that these impure acts are part of the relationship, or is not strong enough to stand up for what she believes in.

Regardless of the scenario, I believe that there is one truth that holds. I recently stumbled upon a passage on my friends blog. Let me rephrase here:

Sex outside of marriage can never happen due to true love. True love would never cause harm or discomfort to another party and jeopardize another's well being. Pre-marital sex would devalue a girl's worth (in a world where the word 'virgin' only applies to a woman!), thus causing direct detriment to her well being. How then can a boy who commands for sex from his girlfriend truly love her?

Think about it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment