Sunday, January 30, 2011

Direction? Meaning?

All my life, I grew up surrounded by Muslim friends. They have this old adage, "Humans can plan, but it is God who decides". These words can never be truer. People plan for different reasons. Some plan because they have high expectations of themselves and they are motivated by success. Some plan because they have dreams to fulfill. Some plan because they were born organized. There are a myriad of reasons as to why a person would plan.

God often plays a game of irony. Sometimes it can seem wicked but all He does is love us. He loves us so much that He alone decides what is good for us, all for His own reasons. I have detached myself from God for a long time now, I feel as though I have lost His strong presence in my heart. Worldly worries have taken its toll on me and I am eager to retrace my steps, to listen to His voice buried deep within me.

Recently, I have been betrayed. And this betrayal brought with it a disturbing lost of direction and meaning in life. Nevertheless, it is also a reminder that I am lost now because I shook God away. But lo and behold, He never left my side, not for a single second. He breathes into my being, making me stronger than ever. He is calling me back to His side, the lost little sheep.

Thank you Jesus for always being there for me. Please take care of my beloved family for through them, I believe in You. I am who I am today because of my family. Please bless them Lord =)

No comments:

Post a Comment