Sunday, March 13, 2011

Growing Up

Sometimes, I wonder what maturity really is. When I speak to someone who has a strong personality, I am often inclined to believe that whatever that person says is right. It could be the case that I'm too easily persuaded, with no backbone of my own, or that that person has such a strong projection of his/her opinion that what they say seems 'right'.

I realized an important lesson today however, which is the power of keeping silent when someone hurts you. Silence in a way, is a sign of maturity. Whenever someone hurts you, the immediate reaction for most people is to lash back, retaliate, return hurt for hurt. The person who feels victimized often wants to get even, or more than even. This is not the way of Christ. The mention of spirituality brings me to my next important point. If God is in one's heart, then all these slurs do not matter anymore, all these hurts are nothing. God will heal, He will handle everything. Hence, maturity comes from God.

I have been pondering on independence for quite a while. I wish to be more independent, more acute to my surroundings. Currently, I am surrounded by a web of comfort and I wish to break free, I want to find my own place in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment